Tuesday, March 29, 2016

As promised, a longer article on California's New EEO Policy Requirement

I posted a couple of weeks ago (here) about the California Fair Employment and Housing Commissions new EEO regulations (here), which include specific requirements for anti-discrimination and harassment policies.  I promised to post our longer article for you.  Here it is. 

Of course, drafting a new policy is one thing, but putting in place the mechanisms for conducting investigations, having effective complaint procedures, etc. are something else.  Please work with your HR consultants, employment counsel, PEOs, etc. to get these requirements in place before too long.  The new regulations go into effect on April 1, 2016.

The legislature, agencies and courts are keeping us all busy.  I know it's a challenge for me to stay current.  It's probably tough for you too. My blog posts are less frequent than I would like as of late. But our Firm publishes a bi-weekly article on a current employment law issue, which you can find on our website or subscribe to via our *free* newsletter (Just sayin').